First page in the new journal I'm working on:
Nothing on the outside cover yet.

Not much to say today. Have to go teach at Tristan's school at 1. Had a good time teaching my Reach For The Scissors class last night at Stampin' From The Heart in L.A. even though I still was in a lot of pain from my stupid fall the other day! (GRR) Took Alka Seltzer at around 1 last night and that knocked me out so that I couldn't even get up to take Tristan to school (That's why I never take it unless I don't have to..) so David took him.

Oh! Got the new Spare Parts from Anahata the other day. As usual, it's lovely. I totally agree with one of her comments- accept crap! LOL You have to make a lot of crap to get to the good stuff. It's basically what I always say-the more you PLAY in your books, the better off you will be. You do not have to make a masterpiece each and every time and you need to realize that. Just play. Keep a play book. Get it messy and dirty. See what "this" does and "that" does. See what happens if you place an image "here" instead of "There." I know too many people that are concerned about "absolute perfection" on their pages. They also want their pages to look "as good as" INSERT FAMOUS ARTIST X HERE. B.S.! Your work-you should ONLY want your work to look like YOU made it to look as good as YOU can get it to be. Process, baby, process! Don't forget the process. I don't worry about the outcome. It's how I feel as I work. I want my pages to look like I Made Them. So get out a PLAY journal. Call it your "F***** UP" Journal if you want! F it up! Mess it up! PLAY in it!!!! GO for it. No worries, k?

I'm off-gotta go shower before I go to T-Man's school!

*****

Didya know that Keri Smith has TWO books coming out this year. One of which is called Wreck This Journal due out in June.

*****
News for the day:
If this doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what else will:
PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: If people can come into our country, for example, on a temporary basis to work, doing jobs Americans aren’t doing, they won’t have to sneak across the border. And, by the way, a system that encourages people to sneak across the border is a system that leads to human rights abuses. It’s a system that promotes coyotes and document forgers. It’s a system that allows for the exploitation of citizens who are trying to earn a living for their families.

Is he serious? Hmm.. what about NAFTA and all of the exploitations that it's done? What about what is going on to children in Guatemala just a few miles from where he was speaking?
More news on this on today's Democracy Now!

*****
Update on Kevin and his family.
*****
If you lie to them, have them pay thousands of dollars (that they don't have), exploit them, and offer them false promises, they will come.

*****
7:20 pm update. Sorry if anyone came here between 6 and NOW and found Lego Bionicle pictures on my blog. My monkey of a son uploaded them to MY blog instead of HIS blog.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I appreciate the review of "Spare Parts"...it's something I've been considering!

I also wanted to mention that I am interested in the chunky Caran d'Ache crayons, if you have enough interest and end up offering them. I'm not sure if I could afford the set of 60; I'd need to know the price before I could commit. I'm not sure if the one you're able to get is the one with or without the fancy box, but I'd def. prefer it without so save the fundage! (If you are able to offer these, please email me the price at arikacloud@hotmail.com so I can see if it'd doable for me!) I'd also be interested in just the set of 10, if that's what you decide to do vs. the set of 60!
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Arika,
I love Anahata's work. It is amazing and refreshing!!!
The only way they are selling the 60 set now is in the wooden box OR if I can get 3 people who are interested in the full set of 60, I can buy them 'open stock'. I have to figure out the prices. I can also order a set of my favorite 10 colors if people are interested. I do discount on crayon orders though regardless of the size-I always discount the crayons!!!
Anonymous said…
Okay Kelly, just keep me posted whatever you end up doing (the set of 60 with box, without if you have 3 of us interested, or just the set of 10!), and I'll get back to you ASAP. I'd love the set of 60, box or no, it'd just be a matter of if I can afford to do it right now, you know?

I know they're worth the price though...I remember loving them when I took your classes back in 2005 at The Stamp Studio in CT! :)

Popular Posts