Tired but happy after teaching at Sweetpeas and Snapshots in L.A. today (Thanks Mary, Suzi, Pauline and the Gang!)

My digital camera is acting a bit wonky at the moment and making me nuts! Sooo I was trying to figure out what I should be posting about tonight...I'm flipping through my book marks on the 'puter and Voila! There it is.

Y'all know that I love using images in my artwork. Since most of my art is for *me* I don't worry about where the images came from...I've found several sites where you can find a huge treasure trove of images. Beware, this is something you can easily spend 24/7 doing so limit yourself before you go looking...

Wikipedia has a huge source of public domain images that they've compiled.

Another source is here.

The gorgeous blue bird above came from this site.

I have a crappy, ancient, inkjet printer. I'm in search of a good quality, but reasonable laser printer that doesn't use inks that last five minutes. My friend, Tammie Moore, swears by her Kinoka Minolta laser printer and she makes copies like there's no tomorrow! Do any of you, dear readers, happen to own laser printers? If so, do you like it/love it/hate it? I'd love to hear your comments, please! With all of the money I have spent at Staples (and Kinko's over the years) I could have bought several machines by now. With all of the frustration I have experienced at Staples these last several weeks, I need to seriously look for my own, small machine! Any help would be appreciated-what do you like or don't like?

Comments

Anne said…
http://kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=10586&pq-locale=en_US

This is a new printer by Kodak. Look at the price of the ink cartridges - amazing! I don't have one or know anyone who does but I've heard great things about other Kodak printers.
The person who mentioned this printer pointed out that it is often cheaper to buy a new printer than replace empty cartridges.
Anne
Anonymous said…
Hi Kelly:
Am curious about the price/model that Tammy uses.
I looked up the brand of laser printers she recommended, and learned that there are 15+ models, with the cheapest model at $119 and the most expensive at$3400+. Am also interested in the price of the cartridges and the approximate number of prints that a cartridge will yield. Kelly, like you, I am frustrated with relying on kinkos for color prints, and am needing to re-evaluate the money I am spending on color prints at Kinkos and other copy shops. Thank you for bringing this matter up; I also appreciated your sources for computer images.
Take care,
Muki in SF

Popular Posts