Etsy Etsy!






I have several things listed in my etsy shop (collages, books and journals, oh my!). I'm leaving for AZ on Thursday and will be back Sunday night. If you're interested, you can find the shop here.

I have some new pages to upload from my journal hopefully some time this week! I've been busy cleaning for Mom's arrival tomorrow and prepping for the AZ classes. Did anyone else hear that Ink It is closing? I'm always very sad when I hear of another Mom & Pop Art store closing.

I'm a firm advocate of supporting the Mom and Pop stores. We're becoming a homogenized society-too many of the SAME stores on every corner. We need more indie stores that stand out, stick out and call to us. Any ways, the next time you have a chance to go to what I always call the "M" store (aka the crap store), bypass it and find a local Mom & Pop Art store (rubber stamp store, paper store, book store, whatever!) You'll be greeted with a smile. You'll also realize the meaning of "customer service". I know you guys have heard me say it over and over, but I mean it...

I've seen the change myself. I've lived in L.A. 11 years now and we've lost SO many independent, used bookstores and art shops (rubber stamp stores). I'm more apt to find something at Gene de Chene bookstore in West L.A. then I am at a big name chain store in the Grove. I'm more apt to get into "trouble" at a Mom & Pop rubber stamp store then I am at Dick Blick. I can't tell you the number of times I've walked empty handed out of Dick Blick vs. walking out with a full bag from a store like Violets or Zinnia or Stampin from the heart, or Paper Post or A Little Bizaar or Stampin on Cloud 9 or the Art Bar or...catch my drift?
****************************
Check out this website, btw. I love Christina Mazzalupo's work. She also has a blog too.
****************************

Comments

Oh... Mercy said…
Hi gorgeous.
Ohhhh i like the art, love the page. I want to do one.
Your esty shop is very cool. How do you do there?

I thought al they sold was art, but I see there are lots of other things as well.
I'm getting ready to get some stuff up on ebay. vintage and gently used clothes. I have to look at esty and see what they have there.

hugs beautiful.

Hey, how far are you from Carlsbad and Irvine?

Popular Posts