TAPE IT UP!

Here are two of my Taped Journals, which I will be teaching this Sunday, Feb 4th at Stampin from the Heart in Culver City (310 391 0466). YES, Superbowl Sunday!



Here's one of the books:



Here is a completed "Taped" Journal fanned open for you to see:


Here is one of the pages that I started in class:


Here's one of the back covers (layered, slathered and scrubbed with paint in a *specific* way and then covered with tape!)


I taught the class a couple of weeks ago at Violets in Ventura and it was a huge hit! We finished painting almost all of the pages and then bound the book. (What we didn't finish painting, you can always paint AFTER assembling the book. I paint in my books all of the time! KEeps me sane, somewhat...)

I *love* This book. The feel. The look. The flexibility. The fact that it calls and begs to be used. It can take a beating and with me it does...My journals have to be able to hold up to a LOT of use. I'm very very happy with the way that this class has turned out! It started out as me just making one for myself a little over a year ago...then everyone who saw one, wanted one themselves...So, the class was born.

If you're interested, I have several cool classes planned for this weekend:

Friday night I'm scheduled to be in Monrovia at Stampin on Cloud 9 626 358 2886 teaching my Off The Wall class (see description below)

Saturday I'll be at Paper Post in Agoura Hills 818 865 0702 teaching ONE TIME ONLY my Love Letters: Valentine Mixed Media Postcards class (trust me, your "Valentines" don't have to be pink and red NOR do they have to be Valentines! It's a mixed media mail art extravaganza class and it's brand new!) See some previous postcards here.
Followed by my popular "Off The Wall" class which explores brand new collage and mixed media techniques (check out my flickr account for some recent collage work I've done to get an idea for some things we may do or at least my sense of collage!).

Sunday I"m at Stampin' from the Heart with the Taped Journal...310 391 0466

I'll be back at Stampin' from the Heart on Wednesday night teaching a brand new class called Composition/Design 101-new techniques on comp and design that I have yet to debut anywhere. Even if you think you know everything there is to know about art, you'll get a lot out of this class! There's something for everyone here...

(I try to make my classes so that they will appeal to everyone beginner to advanced...I don't like to repeat myself so there's always something new and fresh! We don't just paint pages!! We LEARN as we paint the pages, several new techniques-how to apply paint, how to layer color, how to achieve texture and harmony...Trust me...we ain't just paintin' freakin' pages here! There are THOUSANDS of mixed media, collage, bookbinding techniques out there and my classes are designed to make y'all realize that... :) )

******************************************

Lastly, file this report today under WTF!! Very very sad...Anyone interested in speaking their mind out artistically on this one? LMK... I really had my blood boiling. We knew it was going to happen and (I was hoping I was so wrong) it is.

Comments

Kelly Kilmer said…
I'd love to see it Shosh!!!

Popular Posts