My altered photo class:


Journey to the Soul Journal (some samples-I love the square size!!)-




I hope that everyone is having a wonderful Holiday season so far!

I wanted to let y'all know about two classes I am doing this upcoming
weekend (neither class are on the store's schedule!) Questions? Please
email me. To sign up, please phone the stores.

(Please note, I think that the Art Bar is closed until Thursday-not 100% sure, so if you are
interested in that class please drop me an email in addition to
calling them so I can get a head count...I'd appreciate it :))


Friday, Dec 29th I will be at Zinnia in
Pasadena for my Art of the
Altered Photo
www.zinnia.biz/ Phone:
626-441-2181
(Please note this is probably the last time I am doing the photo class! I have too many new ones to debut and this was a request from a friend ;) )


Saturday, Dec 30th I will be at the Art Bar in
Santa Ana for my
"Journey To The Soul" Journal.
http://www.theartbar.net/ Phone:
714-558-2445

Just a heads up, as some of the stores don't have it in their
newsletter as they were both "added at the last moment!" Hope you can
make it!!

They are the last classes of 2006!!!

Descriptions:
The Art of the Altered Photograph
After taking a class with Karen Michel, I was inspired to go home and explore the wonderful world of altering photographs and images. This is *not* Karen's class (I highly recommenda class with Karen! Randi Watts also teaches classes on photo art as well!). This is a class
where you will learn a variety of mixed media explorations, tips, tricks and techniques using real 35 mm photographs and collage images via my own methods. Learn OVER FORTY techniques on how to paint, stamp, collage, and use a plethora of mixed media supplies on
photographs. We will also incorporate our photos into a special cool art project creating a small canvas book to house your photos! This is unlike any altered photo class you've ever taken (and I encourage taking a variety of them as they all are very different
depending on the instructor).
Want to use REAL 35 mm photos in your journal or your artwork?
Want to spice them up with flavor and flair?
Bring to class real 35 mm photos that you want to "art up" . Also bring some color copies of favorite photos (it's fun to bring multiple copies of "one" image for a certain activity in class). Learn techniques to alter photographs and even color copies of favorite images. Learn techniques such as "photo painting", repeating of images on a page to make a statement, coloring of photos, etc… Detailed instructional handout included as always. Students need to bring to class: about 20 *real* 35 mm photographs you want to alter (if you have a digital camera please make sure that the photographs are printed on "real" photo paper and are NOT printed from your computer...We need to use "real photos" and nothing printed from
anything but a real photo lab will work) if you have questions about this email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal. net), waxed paper, paper towels, scissors, bone folder, cork backed metal ruler, small selection of paper collage and 3-D ephemera (anything personal you want to use-I will have a ton to choose from), marvy markers (if you have them).
****If anyone does not have any photos, NO worries, I will bring a good selection of my some of my photos for everyone to use.************

Journey to the Soul
In this class, we will combine words, images, paint, rubber stamps and
more into this unique, special treasure. You will walk out with a
fully bound journal. We will take the time in class to start to work
in the journal learning new mixed media techniques (LOTS OF COLLAGE
TECHNIQUES!! !) as we create. Walk out with a rich, luscious brand new
journal perfect to end 2006 or start 2007 with!
You will learn all new layering techniques not taught in any other class.
I love this journal-the size, the shape and the feel of it make it a
pleasure to create and explore in. I am eager to share this class with
you! Always included is a fully detailed handout with all of the
information you will learn in class (and then some!).
Supply list: Collage ephemera (copies of old photos, magazine
clippings, cherished cut outs-anything that "speaks" to you. Please
make color copies of anything you wish to use more then once),
scissors, bone folder, cork backed metal ruler, roll of paper towels,
and a roll of waxed paper. The instructor will be supplying an array
of professional artist acrylics and mediums, rubber stamps, collage
ephemera, and all necessary materials.

Kelly

Comments

Kristy C said…
Beautiful Kelly!! I wish I could make it down that way to take a class! It would be great to see you again!
Kristy C said…
Beautiful Kelly!! I wish I could make it down that way to take a class! It would be great to see you again!

Popular Posts