These are some of the things that I made for Tejae, in exchange for a beautiful polymer clay nesting heart she made just for me! Her work is just totally amazing and unlike anything I have ever seen with clay-I love it!!

Sick
Sick
and still sick
Tristan has had it for a week. David and I have had it since Tuesday night.
We are all sick of being sick.
I have been in my PJs since Friday afternoon.

What have I accomplished? Ummmm not all that much. What do I need to do? A ton, of course!

I took Tristan to school Wed & Thurs even though I felt crappy, David was even worse and he never gets sick!! We are all slowly getting better.

Found out Wed afternoon that due to some stupid bureaucracy in CA schools, that Tristan may lose his teacher!! They are planning on dispersing his class (which has 29 or 33 kids in it-I forget exactly how many) because HIS teacher is brand new and low on senority at the school. So they will take those kids and disperse them to 2 other 4 grade classes AND then they will make a 4th/5th grade split by taking 15 5th graders out of their class and moving those 5th graders into other classes...and putting 15 4th graders into that 5th grade class. And Tristan's wonderful new teacher will lose her job.

They have until October 4th to find two new 5th graders. We managed to find one 4th grader. They are desperately in need of 2 5th graders. We spent Thursday at LAUSD offices speaking to them there and they were wonderful and ready to help. What angers and annoys the parents is that the principal (who is usually wonderful) is beyond speaking to and she wanted to move the classes around on Friday...and if they found more kids, then move it back the way it was.

The stupid thing is, we only need to find the two kids and keep them in our school until October 4th. After that date they can go back to whatever school they want. Isn't that crazy???

Any ways, anyone know any 5th graders in search of a great school in the L.A./West Hollywood area? If so, email me...We're trying our damndest to save all of those kids from being moved into even MORE overcrowded classrooms.

Comments

Hey Kel! Sorry to hear you guys are all sick... been there not so long ago! Gabriel was put into a 5/6 combo class this year. 10 5th graders and 30+ 6th graders are in his class. I suppose if that's how they start off, it's an easier adjustment to make. We got a letter sent home from the principal that the 10 5th graders selected to go into this combo class were "hand-picked by the faculty". Gabriel wasn't too keen on the idea at first but after the first day of school said that he loves his teacher and that he likes the arrangement. Hope you find the two students you need, but if not, take heart in that a combo class is not such a bad deal if the teacher who teaches it is up to the task (and the double duty).

Hugs,
Adriane
Anonymous said…
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear you're sick and about the issues with T's school/teacher. I guess what's his name, the mayor, who took over control of LAUSD hasn't had such great ideas. I hope things work out for Tristan and his classmates and his teacher.

Amy
Kelly, hope you guys feel better soon and get the school thing figured out. That's a bummer.

The pages are so awesome. I can't wait to get my little hands on them. :) By the way, did you happen to look in the matchbox under the white puffy stuff? I love that we used the same words.

Feel better.
tejae

Popular Posts