Still am feeling under the weather. The "sick/cold" part of it seems to be diminishing, if only I could get rid of my sinus headache or whatever the hell it is you call it. ARGH.

I finished reading Che's The Motorcycle Diaries last night. It was hard putting it down. I really enjoyed it...what a fascinating read knowing that this trip was setting the stage for his future. I am hoping to find his Self Portraits book in my travels amongst L.A. bookstores (read: Used bookstores). Am also hoping to read:
Can you believe that the LA Public Library doesn't have Che's Self Portraits book?

Tristan has to write a report for "National Hispanic Month". They gave him a list of "notable" Latinos. OMG. The list is crazy-what says it all is that Christina Aguilera starts the list. Oh Come On Now. So I asked him instead of using someone on the list how about Frida? How about Diego? (He said no to Diego solely because "that's the lame character from Dora The Explorer, that baby show"...LOL. I showed him the REAL Diego). How about Basquiat? How about Che Guevara? Amazingly, he said yes to Che so now we have to track down some books that HE can read and use to write his one page report.

"Let's be realists, let's dream the impossible." Che Guevara

Comments

Popular Posts