One of my most favorite radio shows is on Saturday mornings from 8 to 9 a.m. It's called "Halfway Down The Stairs" with Uncle Ruthie. I try to listen to it as often as I can, and mostly get to listen to it while I am driving to one of my classes (LOL, which is every Saturday...y'all know my crazy schedule!). It airs on KPFK's Pacifica network which you can listen to over the net or at 90.7 FM in L.A.

Yesterday (Saturday) she aired "The Lemming Condition" -a reading of Alan Arkin's book. I LOVED it. I loved her message at the end to those of us who don't want to be lemmings...
It truly is a gem of a show.

If you can, please try to listen to it on Saturdays. Then consider (seriously) writing a letter to
with attention to:

Eva Georgia (Manager) and Arnmando Godinez(Program Director)

KPFK
3729 Cahuenga Blvd. West
North Hollywood, CA 91604

It is so hard for independent artists these days, and I truly consider Uncle Ruthie a totally unique artist. Her program is for "children of all ages"...She is also a musician who performs regularly around L.A.

I don't have any connection to her other then I absolutely treasure the show and want it to continue on KPFK.

I taught my Graffito Book: Urban Poetry yesterday & today at Violets in Ventura & Stampin' from the Heart in Culver City. Wow! What fun it was!! Seriously, this is one of my most favorite classes lately as it is so "freeing". It's a class I've developed just for people who have a hard time "layering" stuff on pages, have a hard time thinking that they're "messing it up". It's specifically designed to bring out the inner graffiti artist in you...but on book pages instead of a wall. ;)

I need to start bringing my digital camera to classes...I will try to upload some pix of what I made this weekend (making stuff while I teach, it helps me to teach better ;))...

(This is an older journal page, BTW)...new stuff coming soon ;)

"There are all the street signs for this area but he keeps moving them around at night so the people who aren't lost all the time are the children who never pay attention to signs anyway." Brian Andreas Still Mostly True

Comments

majamom said…
I am making a note to stick on my puter and try to catch the show. Thanks for sharing this =)
XO
MB

Popular Posts