I'm a huge fan of Old Time Radio. David, Tristan and I sit around at nights listening to it on the computer, CD or on KPFK (first Monday night of every month from midnight til 5 a.m.). The Jack Benny Fan Club (www.jackbenny.com/) is trying to get enough signatures together to put Benny on the $.39 stamp (quite appropriate!) Benny would have been, well, "39" on February 14th. I signed it already, as did hubby. This weekend they are having the 39 man march on Washington, DC in honor of Benny.
http://www.jackbenny.com/stamp/jack_benny_stamp_petition.htm

I write this as I sit listening to the Phil Harris Alice Faye show-the episode on "how they met"...

I'm hoping to start putting up more postcards that I have been making. I'll be offering them for sale $10 for one "already made and $15 for a "custom" made postcard (if there is an image, color, etc... that you might want). Postcards are about 4 x 5".

My Arizona classes were cancelled :( -it was a bad weekend with the Art Festival in Scottsdale taking over and closing the streets, etc.. So, sadly, we'll be home this weekend. Mom is arriving tomorrow night so we'll have to find things to keep her busy since she'll just want to "go go go". I've been sick the last two weeks and exhausted in the mornings after OD'ing on Tylenol PM that seems to just knock me out and put me to sleep :P Tristan's bummed about not going to AZ so we'll have to make it up to him this weekend somehow! :)

More later!

Comments

Anne said…
Hey Kelly,
You can listen to old time radio every night at AM 1260 (KKGO). Tune in weeknights at 9 for the best in Radio Classics with When Radio Was with your host Stan Freberg.
Am loving your BLOG.
Kelly Kilmer said…
Yay!! thanks! We used to listen to it on the 'other' AM station before it went news 24/7 :P
I have my fingers crossed that it will come in loud & clear tonight at 9-thanks for sharing! You made my day :)

Popular Posts