Hubby told me I have to be careful about what I post. I can't help it, though. I really do say what I feel and think. I always figure if you can talk about things with people without you attacking them or vice versa, we'd really be a democracy...but that hasn't really happened yet. :(

PBS is playing "Guns, Germs and Steel" in the background. I haven't read the book yet but am listening to part 3 of this extremely interesting documentary based on Jared Diamond's book of the same name.

Managed to eek out 2 Valentine Postcards tonight. Now the funny thing is, I don't want to let them go...damn, I hate this with art some times. This is one of the reasons I have a hard time with swaps (ok the other being the whole deadline thing), but I can't let my art go...it's like my kid or something. I really don't care about the outcome but the fact that I sat and labored hard over this little piece of paper-cutting, tearing, gluing, pasting, wiping, writing, drawing, etc... on these cards, the thought of letting them go is mind boggling. Then I look at them and ask myself "what the hell am I going to do with them?" I am trying to clean my apartment and get rid of stuff yet I hoard little treasures like this. I LOVE mail art. I love making it. I love receiving it. It's something simple and small that you can carry around with you-stick it in your purse, put it on your dashboard, use it as a bookmark. Instant, portable, pieces of the artist...Plus you make your mailman smile in the meantime.

I have to go to the PO this week and mail out the swap packages I had people send me (for my Valentines collage swap). LOL I can't wait to see the post office people's faces-they already think I"m bonkers but when I have to mail 15+ decorated envelopes. LOL

Am reading about 8 books now-Creative License by Danny Gregory, Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp, Scrapbook to Somewhere (an Aussie publication I found the other day-love it), Storycatchery by C. Baldwin..plus some others. Just finished Walking in Circles by Rita McNamara-I LOVED it for so many reasons. Even though I live in L.A., I could identify with a lot of what she wrote about. I always tell David that one of my dreams is to live in the woods. He laughs at me 'cause I can't stand bugs (well, big spiders, cockroaches and sliverfish)...but the thought of living in the middle of the woods in a cabin or a small home is just ideal to me.

Comments

scaredymama said…
I'm so glad to see you have a blog! I love your artwork and can't wait to see your creations posted here!

Popular Posts