ACK! This is the first blog :) I've been posting my comments, meanderings and day to day adventures every now and then on my yahoo group, but I thought I'd take this to a whole new level!

I'm listening to KPFK and waiting for George W.'s "State of the Union"-eek. Why does he even bother opening his mouth? It does always make great fodder though and great 'munitions for my political artwork...Sheesh, sad, but true. Hoping that Gore Vidal will be on tonight at some point so I can use some of his quotes-I love that man!

I *should* be at my art table getting some work done. I've been making really WEIRD postcard valentines lately...I haven't done as many as I have wanted to do but it's amazing how you can churn 'em out in just a few minutes. I love just cutting, tearing and pasting pieces of paper. Basically, sitting down and turning crap or discarded junk into gorgeous little treasures, little mail art pieces of my heart.

Tristan has been sick for the last week and a half...we think he has something called "Fifth Disease"-it's this weird rash that I guess is quite common with kids though I'll be damned, I'd never heard of it. He's fine during the day mostly but is quite hot with a fever and flushed in his right cheek and his right ear. He's been going to school since he's not contagious...but it started with a cold and then progressed to this. He's counting the days to his birthday on Saturday. 9 years ago I was preggers and two weeks late to deliver. Amazing. I still haven't lost the "baby belly" but the stretch marks are well worth it. Like Anne Lamott says, they're badges of Mommy honor. I earned 'em. LOL

Ok this is my first post and I know I have lots to learn but bear with me. I hope to be posting quite often ;)
Kelly

Comments

Kelly Kilmer said…
Erin, next time I'll throw in some care bears and rainbow brite for you, k? ;)
Maybe i'll make you a special valentine card for you with my little pony on it ok, ginger?
Dawn said…
Yeah! I'm tickled to see you blogging. I'll be back often.

My neices all three had fifth's disease. The youngest were sick a lot longer and a lot worse than the oldest one. Their doctor said that it's worse when you're under five.

I liked the strawberry shortcake too. Totally wouldn't have expected to see it from you. Funny to think of SS as having shock value.
Sue G. said…
As your work is great inspiration to my more modern art efforts, I decided to start blogging about it, after reading Noah Scalin's 365: A Daily Creativity Journal. I checked out your first blog entries to see how things went for your blog start up. Made me feel better. Thank you, Kelly.
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thanks, Sue. LOL Back to when I didn't have a clue what I was doing... :)

Popular Posts