11 October 2015 Journal Page



I finished Sarah Thornton's 33 Artists in 3 Acts last night. All in all, it was an okay read, definitely a library book as it's not one that you really need taking up precious personal library space. There are some very good reviews over on Goodreads about it that pretty much sum it up. My favorite gems that made it worth reading were:

"Humans make images to hold onto what they love and what they are about to lose." -Massimiliano Gioni

 "'Remember me' is what all artists whisper in their work. It's a mark you want to leave in the world. It is still you even when you're not you anymore. If my work has brought me love, that's what it means. If not, it has failed me at the deepest level. So remember me."-a partial quote from Ross Bleckner related by Andrea Fraser

"I'm not unique. I'm just a particular instance of the possible."-Andrea Fraser

Comments

Roseann Cazares said…
Absolutely love these pages, Kelly!
xoxo to my dear friend.

Popular Posts