Making My Mark: Text



 


Making My Mark: Session Two: Text

What's so special about this class?  

We are going to be learning exciting new ways to incorporate TEXT in Making My Mark: Session Two: Text.

What do I mean by adding text?

While this is NOT a calligraphy class, I will inspire and give you direction, ideas, exercises, new techniques and support for adding your own unique TEXT to the page. Want to learn to love your handwriting? Eager to explore fresh new ways to add visual interest to your pages? This class pushed ME out of my comfort zone with my handwriting and I know that it will do the same for you!
 
There are all NEW collage ideas! You will learn the multiple aspects of COLLAGE!,  ART JOURNALING!, COMPOSITION, DESIGN! and a whole lot more. If you love working with paper (in all forms, from scrapbook paper to handmade paper to paper found in the streets), this is the class for you. If you like my journal pages and you're curious as to how I create them, this is the class for you. If you are brand new to art making and don't know how or where to start, this is the class for you. If you have been an artist for many years and are eager for a creative kick in the pants, this is the class for you.  

The focus of this session will be adding TEXT to your pages! 

I'll share my journal pages along with side by side templates so you can see exactly how I put my pages together. You can follow my lead, but I will also give you lots of "springboard" ideas designed to help jump start your "What if?" creative mode.  

Although the focus will be on collage, art journaling and adding text, these ideas and techniques can be used for ANY art form. My classes may be called art journaling classes but this does not mean that I am teaching only one subject. Ultimately, my classes exist to encourage your creativity. I want you to take these ideas and make them your own, and I will help you do that. 

In this new class, you can make 28 pages or you can pick and choose the ideas to fit your own needs. 
 
Are there photos?

Yes, there are photos of my sample pages. You will also have the opportunity to upload and share (if you wish) your own sample pages.

How is the class set up?

We are going to be using a closed, private yahoo group to access the class materials. There you will also be able to interact with each other as well as post photos, ask questions, etc. You are free to email me at ANY time with questions, etc... I will respond to each and every email sent. I will also offer feedback.
 
Is there a handout? 

YES! I am a firm believer in handouts. You will receive an extensive 62 page handout (for you to download, save and print out) that contains ALL NEW collage, journaling, handwriting, and mixed media ideas. There are step by step instructions, 28 collage templates, tons of information, photos and more. 
 

What's the supply list?

I really want you to use stuff that you already have on hand. For the pages, you need:
  • glue (a glue stick, gel medium, whatever adhesive you usually use for paper)
  • pens and markers (again, use what you have on hand.) 
  • scissors
  • an old rag or paper towel for burnishing the images
  • a gluing surface (like an old catalog)
  • collage ephemera: photos, print outs, handmade paper, decorative paper, old magazines, catalogs or books for the collage part of the class (basically you are looking for anything that YOU would use to create a collage.) 
  • Everything else (ruler (for tearing paper), stencils, decorative tape, rubber stamps, rub-ons, etc...) is completely optional! 
All you need is paper, pens, scissors and glue!
 
I work full time. Can I take this class at any time?
 

Yes! This is a work at your own pace class. You can sign up at any point. You will have full access to the class. I am always available to answer and respond to questions.

When does the class start?
 
Within 24 hours of you signing up, you will receive an email from me with information on how to access the class material. The class is work at your own pace and the material is available now.
How much does it cost?

$25

Please note there are no refunds once you receive the course materials.

Please also respect the amount of time, effort and work it took me to create this material. You can download, save and print out this material (or read it on your ipad, kindle, etc.) for personal use. I'm a one woman (very small) business and I work very hard at what I do. I strive to offer the best material possible. I'm always excited about what I teach and I hope that you get the most out of my classes. This helps to support my work and makes me able to offer more classes and come up new ideas!

If you teach children, feel free to work on the exercises with them! I don't mind people who teach kids using these ideas in classes! Get 'em started and hooked on art young is my motto!

Can I give the class as a gift?

Sure! If you email me or include a note with your payment, I will email the file to whomever you'd like.

Who is this class geared for?

Everyone! I strive to make my classes accessible for beginners to advanced students. I have been working in and teaching this medium for over 18 years now and I learn something new with every workshop.

When is the best time to take this workshop? 


 When I came up with the idea for this class, I wanted to make it accessible for folks to work in their journal ANYWHERE at ANYTIME. I worked in this journal as I taught and traveled. The size, weight and portability, along with the limited amount of supplies you need make this the perfect journal for life on the go or close to home. It's small enough that you can put it in your purse with a glue stick and a pen. I love sticking my collage ephemera, a couple of pens and a glue stick in a baggie with the journal. I'm all about portability and ease!

This class does not close! You can sign-up and take the workshop ANY time and work at your own pace! Once you've signed up for Making My Mark: Session Two: Text, you are in the workshop!


More Questions Answered Here.

More Information on Making My Mark: Session One: Collage Here.

How do I sign up? 

Click the paypal button below or email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net more more info!








 

Comments

I am thoroughly enjoying learning and creating in your January Session...so am signing up for February now. Thank you, Kelly, for all of your hard work in creating these courses. I love the templates, discussions, thought-provoking prompts...and the kick it all gives me. You were my inspiration in 2009, and THAT year was life-changing. Always, kath
Kelly Kilmer said…
Kathy,

*THANK YOU!*

Thank you for your kind words and for what you share on your blog and in the classes. I appreciate all of it immensely. ♡♡♡.

Kelly
martha brown said…
I'm in Kelly! I haven't done much creative-wise in a long time -- so I thought I would jump in. Off now to get a journal kit together to set myself up for success :)
~martha (in toronto)

Popular Posts