Questions Regarding Making My Mark: Session One: Collage Answered


A VERY BIG thank you to those of you who have showed interest in my latest online class, Making My Mark: Session One: Collage. I'm very excited about the class and seeing what the students will be doing with the material. It's always my most favorite part of teaching, seeing how folks translate the ideas and make them their own.


In answer to your questions:

Will I have access to the material for a limited time? Once you sign up for the class, the material is yours to download, save and keep. I have no plans to take the material down so once you are in the classroom, the material will remain accessible to you.

Do I have to sign up for every session? I set the class up so that you can choose which session (or sessions) you'd like to take. I'll announce the next new class on my blog as well as in the classroom so you know when it's available.

Will each class be different? YES! I strive to make each of my classes unique and stand on their own. I work very hard to make each of my pages look different from others that I have created. Each exercise, each template, each journal prompt, each CLASS will be different than the ones before (and after) it. 

Can I use this journal as a planner? Yes! While the focus of the class isn't on bookbinding, I am going to discuss how to make and create a simple book. I will answer all questions asked in the class (as always) including bookbinding questions.

Do I have to do the pages exactly like yours? Not at all. I want you to do pages that you are comfortable with and that you love. While I will show you how I have created each one of my pages and what was going through my mind, I want you to take the ideas and do what YOU need to do with them. You can copy them exactly as they are or you can vary them as much as you want them to be. The neat thing about taking a class is that there are so many possibilities and each one leads you down a different path.

Will I be using paint in the class? No. However, I will give you ideas about using various mediums in addition to collage materials. You are free to add paint, etc... to the pages if you desire. I have taught mixed media painting classes for almost 18 years now and I will ask any questions answered.

Will you provide feedback?  Yes! I enjoy looking at your artwork and love seeing how you create and process the ideas. I will leave comments and encouraging remarks on the board. If you have questions, wants more feedback, etc... I am there for you!

When will I receive information regarding the class? Within 24 hours of signing up, I will send you an email on how to access the class. (Remember that the material is not going live until on or before December 31st.) If you do not receive an email from me after 24 hours, please email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net after you've checked your spam box.

Do I have to use images of people?  No. You can use shapes, abstract imagery, animals, whatever you are drawn to. I will discuss finding images you are drawn towards.

I hope that all of this has helped. Again, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me or leave comments/questions on this post or the original post, Making My Mark: Session One: Collage. I will answer them asap!

Best and thanks,
Kelly
EGorey99@sbcglobal.net 

Comments

Sounds so wonderful, Kelly. I do admire you SO much. I think I need some new inspiration.. I feel a bit lost lately, and I don't like it. Have a fun weekend, kath
Aimeslee Winans said…
Oh, Kelly. You are making me salivate to taste this delish dish again, as I was one of the LUCKY ones who were taught by you first time around. But the part I loved the most was the layered scrubbed painted backgrounds. To this day I still do this and often get out the class notes with the color combination orders that look so gross going on and turn out so beautifully. And I KNOW you don't do that anymore in this class and I'm not trying to change you -- I respect and accept this. Just...would it perhaps be okay if I did my backgrounds that way on my pages should I be able to do the class? Your answer to #7 gives me hope, but I wanted to make sure. With my 5 arthritises and meds I am easily overwhelmed these days, so I don't even get on the social chatting part of classes anymore, and I wouldn't mind not posting mine. (Yeah, I'm worried the other students will all see my BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUNDS and pressure you to teach them again, hey it could happen! winkwink). I'd love to take the class again, but I also want to pretend it's like the first time - hope that's clearer than mud. So let me know, and THANK YOU for teaching me to paint right!!!! :-))) xoxo, Aimeslee Winans
Kelly Kilmer said…
Hi Aimeslee,

Thanks for your kind words!!! ♡!

I still do painting classes but not as often as I used to.

YES YES YES you can paint, etc... I want the class OPEN to folks who paint, leave white space, etc... it is ALL good. I'll leave it open to you guys AND we can discuss it in class. :)

You could even take this class and mix it up with the old prompts! There are SO many possibilities!

If you have any questions, please let me know!!!!

Thanks again for the kind words. :)

Kelly
egorey99@sbcglobal.net
http://www.kellykilmer.blogspot.com
workshops: http://www.kellykilmerworkshops.blogspot.com
Kelly Kilmer said…
Thank you, Kathy, for signing up! Hopefully you will find your way soon. <3.

Popular Posts