An Open Heart: Journal


I'll be sharing my large (about 14" tall) "An Open Heart" journal that I started on August 17, 2014 with you over the next few weeks. I absolutely loved working in this book and it was very hard to let it go. A few people that I showed it to freaked about the size (even folks whom I've seen working in 9 x 12") for some odd reason. There were others who went nuts for it when they saw it. It's the perfect size for letting go and layering especially when using big magazine images. You'll see what I mean as I slowly reveal the pages.

Some of you may have already heard the news, I will be teaching my last classes at Frenzy Stamper in Scottsdale, AZ this weekend. Debbie is closing the store. We are all very sad about losing Frenzy Stamper. Debbie and her store have been such a big part of my life for so many years. My life definitely won't be the same without my regular treks to Scottsdale to see her and teach there. There is still room in the classes and while I can't promise that there may not be a few tears, there will be lots of laughs, tons of new ideas and techniques shared and a fabulous time making art will be had by all. Thanks, Debbie, for all of the memories and for everything that you've done for all of us. I hope to see you there.  

Comments

Dlee said…
Looks fabulous Kelly. Will be fun so see more of it as you post. Sorry to hear about the Frenzy Stamper. Have been there a few times when I'm in Arizona and spent money also. So sad to see another store bite the dust.
Desert Mermaid said…
I had NOT heard that news; felt like a punch in the guts. I rarely visit anymore, as my journaling has traveled full circle back to strictly written, but there was such comfort in knowing it was there. I'm really sad to hear it. What a loss, too, for everyone who's been able to fall under your tutelage there!

Popular Posts