What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Thursday, January 27, 2011

WIP Journal Page

This is a journal page in process. I started it yesterday afternoon.

I almost always (99.9% of the time) do at least one journal page a day. Life has been so crazy here lately with the apartment stuff and cleaning out that I couldn't really do any art for about 4 days and I swear I was twitching.

Journaling to me is not only meditative and fulfilling, but it's also a necessity. I don't journal to make 'pretty pages'. I work in my art journal to document, reflect, experiment and to pause. It's my quiet, personal time when I can sit and work with the tools that make me happiest and just 'be'. I make journal pages, simply, for me.

3 comments:

~jolene said...

Kelly, I love that what you do for yourself inspires others.

You are a sweet, sweet soul.

xox

patq said...

Hi Kelly:
I too confess to the magazine addiction but now have found a way to prevent bringing most home. i do have a subscription to Somerset and CPS but enjoy the ones you mentioned. I now go to Borders, buy a java and peruse them right there. If they are outstanding I buy them but if I am not really satisfied I don't. I am not enjoying the two you mentioned either.
Hugs, Pat q

Mrgie said...

Wow, a beauty for sure! Xo, Margie