What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Friday, August 28, 2009

Books to keep an eye out for

Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger-
Alec: The Years Have Pants by Eddie Campbell-
Keri Smith's This Is Not A Book-
Live & Learn: Expressive Drawing-
Aspect Art: Art As The Soul's Journey-
Isobel Hall's Embroidered Books-
Ruth Rae's Layered, Tattered and Stitched-
Lynne Perrella's Art Making and Studio Spaces-
Diana Trout's Journal Spilling-
Creative Time and Space: Making Room for Making Art by Rice Freeman-ZacheryOoh! 2009 has been a good year for yummy looking books!!!!

Anything I'm missing that hasn't come out yet this year? Jumping from page to page at Amazon can be a dangerous thing!

7 comments:

taylor said...

Time to start cleaning out your book shelves again.

martha brown said...

I can't wait to buy so many of these! How about this book -- Creative Grab Bag -- it looks so fun! (please excuse me if you've blogged it already)

http://ethanbodnar.com/books/creativegrabbag/

Sandy said...

Thanks for the links Kelly, some great books on this list.

trish said...

Looks like allot of good reads! Thanks Kelly;)

lynne h said...

kelly, you are deadly. deadly!!

xo

Seth said...

Thanks as always Kelly! Some great ones here.

shanta.devi said...

Thanks so much for the Journal Spilling recommendation - the book looks great - unfortunately, October 9th is a bit of wait to get it (but more time to journal!), and it looks so good, too! Eeep. :)