What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!

-Kelly

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

BOOKS!!!!

I have been stalking the UPS man for the last several days waiting for my copy to arrive!!!! I have flipped through it several times and I can not wait to sit down and dive right in!!!!!! It looks FABULOUS!
Some of you know how much I LOVE the Paumes books and I know many of you do too (right, Taylor?) I can't read a word of Japanese, but I adore these books and they are some of my prized possessions.I was a bit behind on ordering this one, but I am THRILLED that I did order it!!! UPPERCASE
puts out some of THE BEST publications out there and I am lovin' this one. It focuses on Canadian artists, their work and a glimpse into their studios. It's a FAB publication and I have been pouring over it lately.
The next book may not be for everyone. With all of my recommendations, I always strongly suggest that people SEE the book for themselves first. I got a charge out of it! My favorite part was definitely the journal pages in the beginning!!!This is due to arrive before Thursday and I can not wait!!
I bought this and have been using the pages as collage ephemera. I LOVE it. I am going to keep my eyes open for even more cheap-o copies to cut up and collage.
Christine Mason Miller recommended this book and I want to thank her for doing so. I am loving it.
Here's a link to a previous blog post of books coming out in 2009!

5 comments:

M said...

OOOOOOh NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! More books that look yummy! Who needs dog food and fruits and veggies anyway?! I saw the walls book. Super cool! More inspiration for photo taking.
Marissa

taylor said...

Okay where did you get the London Studio book and why didn't you get me a copy!!??

Kelly Kilmer said...

direct from paumes!!

gaylynne said...

i purchased the walls book for textures and collage as well. i love it. i was feeling somewhat guilty for using it for such a purpose but since i know another is doing it as well-i am soooooooooo fine with it NOW!

Seth said...

Always love your book reviews. Thanks Kelly!