What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

new books..new books..new books...

Not one, but three tantalizing books are available in your local bookshop now:

Patricia Seggebruch's Encaustic WorkshopSheri Gaynor's Creative Awakenings
Ann Baldwin's Creative Paint Workshop
Three new books by three extraordinary women. Check 'em out.


notmassproduced said...

tantalising indeed.

T and J said...

I was in Frenzy Stamper and bought the creative awakenings book and thought why hasn't Kelly recommended this book on her blog?
Then I got all smug with myself for having bought a book BEFORE you recommended it.
Just kidding.
I appreciate your book recommends - my floor & bookcase would be empty without all your wonderful suggestions!

Artzy Diva said...

Ack-Just what I need, more books to drool over!!!!

Traditional encaustic work is so toxic--it always gave me a headache working with the materials. It'd be nice to learn about safer alternatives!!!

M said...

Aha! I have 2 of the 3 so I can't blame you for being a bad influence, lol. I stopped by Frenzy over the weekend and picked up Creative Awakenings and the encaustic book. I'm enjoying both.


crimsoncat05 said...

stop it!! my bookshelf is overflowing already!! LOL! (I was up at Frenzy Stamper on Saturday, and managed to miss them... I'll have to go back.)

Mar said...

i just recived my ann baldwin book
this book is great!!!
i have her dvd as well
they go together nicely
if you enjoy this kind of work GET IT!

lynne h said...

i think i must get this ann baldwin book.

your blog was calling my name -- 'lynne, lynne... kelly's got stuff to look at.' : )