Playful Discovery: the Layered Sunflower Workshop Saturday 19 October 2024


 Playful Discovery: 

the Layered Sunflower

Saturday, 19 October 2024 11 AM - 2 PM PDT


Special sale price $65

(Regular price $75) 

through Noon PDT Monday 14 October 2024



Live 
(and later available as a recording)


Play and discovery. Two essential elements of art making.

Sometimes in our excitement to create a work, we focus only on the end result. We neglect the discoveries found along the way. We push aside our sense of wonder and delight if a brush mark goes astray. 

What if we emphasized the process over the finished product? 

In this three hour virtual retreat, you will revel in creating delicious textures, luscious colors, and exploratory marks. 

We will dive deep into a plethora of layering and painting techniques which can be applied to paintings, art journal pages, and more. 

Prepare to get messy, have fun, and learn several new things in the process. I have much to share...


Supplies needed: 


USE WHAT YOU HAVE.

  • your journal/substrate
  • a handful of your favorite paint colors (I'm using acrylics)
  • Two or three of your favorite brushes in different sizes/shapes, favorite painting tools, paper towels/rags, plus water in your water bucket
  • a couple of your favorite mark making tools

(I'll send a list of the specifics I use so you have it upon registration. Use what YOU have.)

**Disclaimer: I do not work for or represent any company or brand. The views I share on my favorite tools and brands are from more than 25 years of working hands on with acrylic paints and mixed media supplies. No one pays me to sell their wares nor do I receive any free product. I only recommend what I love and use.


Can't make the live workshop?*

The main part of my workshops are always recorded. Please note: for those who are camera shy, during the main part of the workshop I am pinned and students are muted (but, encouraged to unmute and ask questions!) Additionally, before and after the session, there is time for students to ask questions, share, and engage with each other and me, WHILE NOT BEING RECORDED.

You'll receive a special link and an extensive class handout within 2 days after the workshop ends. You'll also have access to me should you have any questions AFTER the workshop ends.

 

Remember, enrollment for the live workshop is limited to the first 20 registrants. 


 I like to keep the group small so everyone has time to ask questions and share.


Questions? Please email Kelly at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net


How do I sign up?


Special sale price $65

(Regular price $75) 

through Noon PDT Monday 14 October 2024

 

 



 

See you soon!

 

 



Comments

Popular Posts