Winter

 
Early palette:
Palette landscape shots:
When I shared the one of the above photos on social media, several folks asked me what shade of blue I had used. The above painting is at least ten different shades of blue on top of several other colors. It's scrubbed, scraped, swiped and patiently layered. 
 
I've been thinking a lot about winter and the landscape especially after looking at several paintings by Munch. I had different plans for the above painting (don't we all, usually) but am quite happy that it went in this direction.
 
My goal right now is to try to finish this journal before the end of the year. I usually like to try to start fresh in the new year.

Supplies used:

Journal I made from hardcover book and 100 lb Accent Opaque cardstock size 13 1/4 x 20" opened

Acrylics: Holbein, Sennelier, Utrecht and Golden (heavy body)

Stabilo Aquarellable pencils

Painting knives 

Brushes

Princeton Catalyst Tools

Looking at: Edvard Munch, Richard Diebenkorn

Reading: World Light by Halldor Laxness

Listening to (podcasts): A Brush With as well as Deep Color

Comments

Popular Posts