Filling the Well: Trekking to teach in FL, what I'm reading, art podcasts and more.


I have never understood artists who say that they never look at anyone else's work. I love seeing art in all forms: paintings, photographs, films, books, music and more. It's how so many of us fill our well. To shut yourself off to the world around you (especially art) is unfathomable to me.

At the moment, I am engrossed in Reading Cy Twombly. His work speaks deeply to me and I have been saving this book for just the right moment. I'll be trekking to his museum in February, now is the perfect time to crack it open.

My February classes at Everything Scrapbook and Stamps in Lake Worth, Florida are a go. I am really looking forward to teaching there! The last time I taught in Florida, Tristan was little. If you know anyone who might be interested in the workshops, I'd be grateful if you could pass the information along.

 

My Mom and I will be driving from Los Angeles to Florida (yes, we already know that we are crazy.) We are hoping to stop at The Menil Collection in Houston on the way there. I really want to go to the Cy Twombly Gallery and the Rothko Chapel (if you have been to either, any tips or advice would greatly be appreciated.) I am also looking into the Dali Museum (there is a Frida Kahlo exhibit there at the moment.) We're mostly driving I-10 until we hit Florida. On the way back, I'd like to try to visit Marfa. Any ideas, advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

On the way home from my classes in Northern California this past weekend, I spent a lot of time listening to art podcasts. Here are some of my favorites:


What are some of your favorite creative podcasts? (We are going to need them for the long drive.)

A quick bit of housekeeping, I have two Southern California classes in February (I have a funny feeling that they are going to come up fast, so here they are)

 



 

I hope to see you there!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have a wonderful,safe trip! Do not skip Marfa!
Kindest regards,missy from the bayou

Popular Posts