5 and 8th of May Journal Pages


Somehow I skipped these pages when posting my Remnants of Me Journal (after this, there are five pages left to share.) 

It is hard to look back at these pages from last May before David's surgery, before we knew what was going on and what the doctors would find. We were counting down to surgery. These pages smack me in the face. Hard. Yet, at the same time, this is what I'm after when I journal, emotion, thoughts, expression, connection. Always seeking a truth, my truth, your truth, some kind of human connection.

Looking back through the pages of this book, I'm eager to make some color copies (enlarging some of the images) and reuse some of these images on the new pages that I've been working on. I say it a lot in my classes, but it is interesting to go back and rework previous pages, opening yourself up to new ways of seeing.

A quick bit of housekeeping, I'm teaching this Sunday at Art Lounge 101 in Encinitas and then next weekend, I am trekking to Fremont to teach at Maria's studio. Hope to see you there...

Comments

Popular Posts