Close to My Heart


One of my biggest influences for my journal pages are people around me (things I hear folks say, what I read, what I listen to, a clip from a film, etc... something that resonates strongly and deep within me that I am compelled to respond to.) The page on the left was made after my cousin Charlie McLean died. His son told my Mom and sister that he asked his Dad Charlie if instead of carrying photos of my Charlie's wife Mary, my Dad and my Uncle Joe in his breast pocket of his shirt if he'd rather put them in a safe place like his wallet. My cousin replied, "I want them close to my heart." 

That page then inspired the page next to it about my Dad. Things bounce and play off of each other and I love these two pages side by side especially seeing them here and how the roots of the tree lead up into the deer almost creating a body. I didn't plan it that way as they are two separate pages. It fascinates me though.

Some Housekeeping:



I absolutely cannot let today go by without tipping my hat to one of my favorite bands, The Monkees! Happy 50th to Micky, Mike, Peter and Davy. Here are their screen tests (please note that some bits are without sound.)



Here's an earlier post from 2012 about my love for The Monkees. One bit I left out was my seventh grade teacher telling my Mother that if I put the same passion into my homework as I did the Monkees, I would do much better in school. Well, if I had felt the same way about school as I did The Monkees...

Comments

Popular Posts