A Prompt A Day Select a Month Online Class


(Above are all twelve months worth of my APAD journals from January through December.)

FAQ

WHAT YOU GET-Painting, Collage and Journal prompts DAILY for ONE MONTH via an emailed pdf file. For example, if you choose a month with 31 days, you will receive 93 prompts for that month.

COST-$25 per month


SUPPLIES-Use what you have on hand, do not buy anything!

WHO IS THE CLASS OPEN TO? Anyone and everyone!


HOW LONG DOES THIS CLASS LAST? This is a work at your own pace class. Once you've bought the class and selected the month you'd like, you are free to work at your own pace entirely. I am always available via email if you have questions or problems.



I’VE NEVER JOURNALED BEFORE, CAN I DO THIS? YES

I’VE BEEN KEEPING A JOURNAL FOR YEARS WILL I LEARN ANYTHING NEW? YES, I also am working from my own prompts and it is a wonderful kick in the pants!!!! It’s surreal as an instructor to be working from your own prompts and ideas, but I am loving it and I now have twelve full journals from 2009 solely from my work in this class.
DO THE PROMPTS RELATE TO ANY SPECIFIC DATE OR HOLIDAY? The prompts do NOT relate to any specific date, so you can do them on ANY day. You can mix and match them too!

HOW DO I SIGN UP? Click the paypal button at the bottom of this blog post OR to the top right hand side of this page under A PROMPT A DAY.

WHAT ARE YOUR CREDENTIALS AS A TEACHER?-I have been teaching mixed media art since 1997. I have taught all over the U.S. as well as in Canada and Mexico. I have taught at several of the major art retreats. My work has been published in several books and magazines. I teach every weekend, if not in Southern California, then elsewhere. I have over 300 classes to choose from. I have a lot of students who have been taking my classes on a monthly basis for many years. I love what I do and I am thankful that I have the best job in the world!

*****


For $25 each month, you will receive “a prompt a day”.
There are actually three prompts every day for the month that you sign up:

  1. Painting
  2. Collage
  3. Journaling

The prompts are not just slap paint down, glue a piece of paper down and write something! Nope! That's not how I operate. Each prompt is different and unique. Each technique can be applied to ANY form of mixed media art. For the painting prompt, I offer a variety of ways to layer and apply acrylic paint to the page (trust me, there are thousands of different looks one can achieve with paint). For the collage prompt, I offer a myriad of composition and design techniques on how to use background paper and focal images to bring together a coherent page. For the journaling prompt, I offer a nudge, a guide, a thought of something that affects each and every one of us and a little kick in the pants to write it out and get it onto the page.

The prompts are easy and fun. Some more of a challenge then others. My goal in this class is to get you working, thinking, and stepping outside of your comfort zone. My goal is for you to open your journal, paint, play and express yourself.

Each prompt will contain detailed instructions on how to make at least ONE completed journal page a day. I will also demonstrate how I followed the prompt by showing pictures of my own page a day along with the prompt. These prompts can be used not only for art journaling but also for other mixed media art: canvas, altered books, ATCs, boxes, books, etc... It's actually THREE prompts a day rolled into ONE journal page. So for the month of December
, you are receiving 93 prompts. November's handout was 67 pages long.

Each paid student (for that month) will receive a pdf file of the whole month's worth of class documents (photos and instructions). 


The idea of this project is to inspire you to create something daily! It's like taking a class with me but receiving a prompt a day!

You don't need a lot to do this. If you've been following my blog, you have an idea of the work that I do. If you've taken a class with me, you know my style! I like to give my students an idea to make a page and then I love seeing how everyone translates that idea to make it their own!

This is a new venture for both my regular students and brand new students!! It's open to everyone from beginner to advanced.

Basic supplies are:
A Journal or paper
PVA bookbinding adhesive OR Gel Medium (I like Soft Gel Gloss) or even a glue stick (I like coccoina, avery, scotch-anything labeled permanent). In my journal, at home, a glue stick is my adhesive of choice!
Acrylics-my basic colors are Hansa Yellow Medium (or Azo yellow medium), Quinacridone Magenta, Phthalo Blue, Titanium White, Paynes Grey, Titan Buff and Burnt Sienna-with these colors you can make any color (I like Nova Color but whatever your favorite brand is, will do.)
Gloss or polymer Medium (mix 50/50 with your paints to "extend" them and make them last longer. Do not buy what they label extender as that extends the drying time)
1" chip or bristle brushes
a few favorite pens-mine are: Sakura gelly roll glaze, Sakura Souffle, Latte and sweets pens, Zig Vellum and Writer pens, Faber Castell Pitt Pens (brush stroke, black), Sharpie Poster Paint pens (water based), Micron pens, uniball signo...you do not need all of these! Just a pen that will write on paint and paper!
water container
waxed paper
paper towels or old rags
scissors
metal ruler
Paper ephemera-collage papers for background and focal, images

Also, please note, I do not want you to have to go buy anything for the class. Use what you have. If you do not have these specific colors of paint, use what is in front of you: Yellow, Red, Blue, etc.. You will get a different look but I really want to stress using what you already own and what's in your studio (or closet, or art bag or wherever you work from!)

I am a firm believer in using the art journal as a tool. It's a place where not only you can express yourself, but you can also form your ideas for various projects and let them develop onto the page. 99.9% of my artwork is done in art journal form.

I am always available to answer your questions and to help!

The prompts and ideas I give lend themselves to a variety of media: canvas, atcs, art journal pages, artist books, cards, altered art and MORE.

This is all NEW material. Even if you've taken every single one of my 300+ mixed media classes, this is something new. You will get new ideas and techniques!

I do not show the journal pages from the online class on this blog. The material you are getting in the class is fresh and new. Exclusive to students.

Each month has NEW and DIFFERENT techniques then the previous ones. The classes are geared towards ALL levels of experience: Beginner to Advanced. Use the prompts to inspire you to make art daily in some form OR work at your own pace and make art when you can.

The prompts are not at all related to the month posted. They stand on their own.

Interested? Use the button below! Questions? Drop me an email at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

**PLEASE REMEMBER TO SELECT THE MONTH THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN**




Comments

martha brown said…
You need to announce that the ArtUnraveled website is up and running! Applications are due on December 14 (to get good choices)Yikes for me -- that means that I have to mail it, like, yesterday!!!) I can't decide which of your classes to take. I'm thinking "Transcribed"! WooHoo!

Popular Posts