2nd post in a day-

Two more journal pages from Monday night:


The "To live a life of service..." quote is from Julia Butterfly Hill. My Dad gave me her Legacy of Luna book years ago when it first came out. It's amazing that she was able to live and thrive in the arms of Luna for so long...


This page is something I had to sit down and make after listening to the news that night. I'm pissed that I used the wrong word "donation" instead of black market organ transplant. My hand was faster then my brain. The idea of the desperation of parents selling their children is beyond something that I can fathom. When I heard the news that night and that one sentence it was like my heart being ripped out of my body and shattered in nine million pieces. I found an article about it here. It's one of those moments that you don't want to-but have to-document. People call it politics, yet it's real life that is affecting the lives of millions of people and it's happening because of the actions of a few.

Comments

HappyDayArt! said…
I'm sure there are even worse things happening to children all over the place. I am trying to concentrate on raising two good people so someday the world will be a better place.

Catherine
Kelly Kilmer said…
The thought of selling a child is horrible enough but the thought of selling a child so that someone can take organs from the child is just something I can't put into words.
Sweet Petunia said…
What pen did you use on the "I saw on the news..." page. Dying to know. Thanks!

Popular Posts