Off again, off again, jiggity jig...

Tristan and I leave in the morning for Braintree, MA for two weeks. I'll be teaching this weekend (August 17-19th) at The Stamp Act in Marshfield, MA and the following weekend (August 24-26th) at The Rubber Chicken Stamp Art Store in Gaithersburg, MD. I have several mixed media, art journaling, bookbinding, collage, painting and more classes scheduled in both stores. Looking forward to it!!

Here's the journal I've been working on lately:



I made the "Eye" page (or "I miss you") while demoing my Graffito Book class at Art Unraveled. I love how the hershey's kisses had little messages in them...

More about Art Unraveled:

I LOVED the hotel this year. I was a little nervous about staying in a "regular" hotel with my parents and Tristan. You know how it can be "space wise" with 4 people in the room. It worked out really well. None of us killed each other (LOL) though we might have come close a few times.
The service at the hotel was AMAZING. Every single person went out of their way to make sure that we had a pleasant stay. The restaurant and bar staff was AWESOME. My friend Marcy pointed out that everyone was from another country and the hotel gave the allusion of being like a cruise ship atmosphere in that sense. It was AWESOME.

Linda, Chuck and the Gang all bent over backwards to make sure that everything worked out perfectly. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Art Unraveled gets better each and every year and I'm always wondering HOW that could be when each and every year rocks!!

My classes were filled with amazingly talented people. It was pure joy teaching each and every day. Vendor day was awesome. I had a full class that day but managed to eek out some time in the morning (about an hour) to browse/shop/look like a mad woman. Short on cash (due to the damn car and the fact that I'm leaving for two back to back teaching gigs on the East Coast and need money for class stuff) I didn't get a whole lot. I wish I had had money to buy some of the luscious art I saw from Judy Wise, Karen Michel, Leighanna Light, Tammie Moore, Deb Trotter, Jane Wynn, Gail Russakov, Dorit Elisha (I WANT HER BOOK!!!) and many others.

My only complaint is that time, as always, goes by too fast. I'm already counting the days down til Art Unraveled August 2008. OK, off to finish packing for Boston. Lots to do!!

Comments

Popular Posts