Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to Phoenix we go...Art Unraveled!!!

Yup! That's right. We're leaving a day early and a dollar short (hee haw). Dad is actually in Albuquerque. Can you believe it?!?!

Above is another teaser for the art/zine/artists book project that I am working on...My good friend Kara suggested that I actually break it up and not have 80 pages in the first round...I may do that. She's smart and I usually listen to smart people ;) (right, David?!?!)

I'm exhausted. Looking forward to arriving in AZ a couple of days before my classes so I can kick back and relax. Today's class at Stamping from the Heart in L.A. was wonderful. I had a great group and a fun time. Everything worked out perfectly picking my Mom up at the airport-phew.

OK, I am going to try to update my blog from Art Unraveled. I'm not bringing the laptop (one less thing to worry about). Wish me luck. Every damn time I say I'm going to try something happens! GRR!!

What am I bringing for reading material? The latest issue of Hi Fructose, the Lynda Barry Sampler from "Free Comic Book Day", Artful Blogging, Illustration Book Pro 01, amd Bernhard Edmaier's Patterns of the Earth book. Every damn time I travel I bring TOO many books and rarely get the time to LOOK through them...so this time I'm not bringing too much. Of course The Art of the Feminine is calling to me to bring it as is the little Japanese Paumes books I bought. LOL I can't win.

I must be insane as I bought not one but two issues of Amelia's magazine tonight. It's not like I have the money.

By the way, I read Eddie Campbell's The Black Diamond Detective Agency last week. I finished in a couple of hours. I kept stopping to stare at the illustrations and his strong use of color (RED!) in the book. His use of "frames" was also very interesting. Couldn't put it down once I started reading it at midnight. Two thumbs up.

I believe I forgot to mention that I returned my OKIDATA 3400 printer. Okidata's customer service SUCKS. The damn thing was sucking up the ink. For each black cartridge we could print out (ON TONER SAVE) 500 pages. So we were getting (black) 500 pages for $50. WHAT? I could go to Staples and it would be cheaper. Two cartridges did this. SO I phoned Okidata. They SUCK. They said there was nothing they could do and oh well. So then I phoned Staples and they were AWESOME. They let me bring it back even though it was 3 months old and we didn't buy the extra warranty (thinking Okidata would take care of it-NOT). We bought an HP 2600n. I'm not happy with the color on that one at all compared to the Okidata. It's fuzzy and blurry even though the exact same images I printed out with Okidata were crisp and clean. OK, any HP suggestions on a machine for around $500 or less (I might be able to go $600-no more though) that prints crisp, clean, colorful LASER prints? Much appreciated...

In the meantime, stay busy with:

Korgi Hollow

Cassandra C. Barney

Abby Tries again

Bloesem

Book by it's cover


Camilla Engman

Cecile Bonbon

Please Be Still

Belle & Boo

Jenny Bowers

Anne Julie Aubry

Mrs Eliot Books

She Loves Stars

Comments

Maija said…
I can't wait to see you, Kelly!
Welcome to Phoenix. I'm checking in on Tuesday. Any chance you will have my caren d'ache with you?
oxox
Kelly Kilmer said…
No, no crayons yet :(

Sorry!!!
suzi finer said…
Don't get too close to that Laser printer...too many warnings 'bout related illness-happenings.
Have fun in Phoenix...
Love.
Anonymous said…
Have a safe trip, I can imagine you carrying so many books on your travels - you always have a new book to recommend :) Have a lovely time in Phoenix...did you manage to send out your room?

Popular Posts