Home From Comic Con-quickie post

Photos from Wednesday night:

Waiting for the doors to open


Wed night after 9 pm, exhibit hall closed, the sea of people pour out looking for food, drinks and good company

I'm back! I'm tired. I could sleep for a week. My feet are throbbing. My shoulder is killing me (whoever the hell suggested a "man purse" vs. a back pack I might throttle). I'm sick of eating out (whoever thought that could happen). I'm tired of walking. I hate crowds..
BUT I LOVED Comic Con 2007. Damn. It was that good.
Here's my quickie post about highlights from Wednesday night:
Arrived Wednesday later then planned. Parking under the convention center was full (shit!) thankfully the Petco center lot wasn't (yay!). Got through the line in unbelievable lightning speed with badges in hand. Damn, they are getting better and better at that every year (Thanks guys!)
Did not do a damn thing with that little journal and pens that I lugged around all weekend. Spent most of my time talking to David, Tristan or people around me and listening to people around me.
Wednesday night, the doors opened to the exhibit halls and we all poured in. No panels Wednesday night so we shopped 'til we dropped.

Highlights:

Andy Runton remembered Tristan's name. That was sweet.

Eddie Campbell -snagging a copy of Black Diamond Detective Agency and not only did he sign BDDA but I also had our copy of From Hell which he drew in-cool beans. Thanks Eddie. I can't wait to sit down with BDDA.

Seeing CJ Metzger & Miss Mindy (aka the Artists Sisters) and Miss Mindy remembering me! I bought a copy of their book and wish I had more $ to buy all of the art in their booth.

No Dave McKean DVD at Comic Con but I did get some of his books at the Allen Spiegel booth...I think they wanted to kill me 'cause I kept walking by looking for Barren Storey.

Bad things about Con on Wednesday night:
The damn hotel I picked. Blah. I'd never stay here again not for $130 a night. Best Western at Posada in San Diego sucks donkey balls for $130 a night. It was clean but the light was missing the lampshade. The fridge didn't work. One light didn't work. The shower was a trickle-seriously. It wasn't bad, but for that much $ I wanted something a little nicer...oh, and Cartoon Network coming in on a regular basis on the TV for the boy would've been better. The grand thing that set me off was that I had called the hotel a week before asking them if they had a computer. I was told YES. I asked them if they had internet access for their guests to use on the computer-ditto, YES. I asked them something else about computer use but it all boiled down to YES we have a computer in the lobby for you to use. SO we went out and bought a USB drive and put our info on it. We get to the hotel that night-no computer. They have wireless in the lobby but that was it. The guy (who was sick and kept sniffling so much that when I got out to the car I ran alcohol baby wipes not only over my hands but also my credit card, drivers license and Best Western card) looked at me like I was insane (grrr).

I'll post more on the rest of the week and what goodies I found later...right now I need a nap.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This was the first year I actually tried to make it into H Hall. It was fun waiting in line and then having the fire marshal shut the room down but I got in like 5 mins later.

Popular Posts