Cool zine I found at Zineland yesterday (Thanks Ruth for the heads up!!) David & I trekked over to Westwood last night to go to Zineland. Maybe it's the heat. Maybe it's my ear that is bothering me. Maybe it's just me. Zineland was wicked small and kinda disappointing. Now, don't get me wrong. They did have neat stuff but not what I was really looking for. The COOLEST thing I found was by an artist named Kevin Hooyman. YUM!!! Chock full of ultra cool line drawings. Of course, I could have just walked on over to Family on Fairfax and bought it there.

Any ways, the best thing about Zineland was meeting up with my friend Ruth and getting a chance to talk a wee bit and point things out "ooh look at that!" "Oooh WOW look at those colors" LOL I couldn't stay long 'cause Tristan was at a pool party and I had no idea what time the kiddo would need to be picked up...Imagine that-a night where David and I hit Zineland, Alias Books (in West L.A.), a newsstand and Borders and we only spent $14 between the 2 of us. Saving and scrimping for Comic Con and I can't wait for THIS:


Comments

Maija said…
You are going to Comic Con??? We were in San Diego last year when that was going on. People were walking around with so many freebies!!!! I even wanted to go, but if you didn't have a ticket, you had to wait outside for hours, and they even closed the doors at some point. Make sure you have your ticket in advance!

Popular Posts