I finished my latest journal last night. Four pages of art and the last page is a handwritten "note" to myself of some various things.





It's always sad to finish a journal, it's like saying farewell to a good friend. This book now has to go live as a sample for a wee bit for one of my latest classes, A Few of My Favorite Things. I know I've taught several different kind of canvas board covered journals in the past but this one is different and will focus not only on "book making and construction" but what to do INSIDE the pages-a la more NEW collage tips a la Kelly style".

I started a brand new "journal" today. This "journal" will eventually flesh out to become Kelly's first art zine. That's all I'm saying for now. Mum is the word. If you see me around and want to "see" it and what I've been doing, I'll share but in the meantime...my lips are sealed.

I have done several zines in the past. The first one was when I was around 10 or so. It was 1984 and the Monkees were on TV again and I was nutso for them. LOL I did several "free" Monkees zines (thanks to my generous Uncle Joe who was the only one who insisted on "paying" for the zine. LOL He's a photographer himself). The next one I did about 8 years later in '92 was for a now defunct Boston band. I remember days spent in the school library either playing video games (Lemonade Stand *sigh* those were the days...) or working on my zine when the librarian wasn't looking. That was the only computer access I had. I typed everything by hand on the 'puter or on my typewriter and then "cut and paste" everything else. Guess what? I think I'm going to be doing this zine the exact same way. LOL so much for technology for the technologically challenged.

Comments

~jolene said…
When I saw these pages all I could do was SIGH and say ...COOL!

I didn't know you did canvas panel covers...I have been fooling around with them..really like it!

An art zine...be still my heart. Will you take a bribe to tell us more? Name it! LOL!!!
Maija said…
Yummy, yummy, Kelly! You know I adore your journals!!
I'll buy your 'zine!!

Popular Posts