I confess! I did it! I did it! I bought a BOOK yesterday. I know I shouldn't have, but I did. I had to. I couldn't leave without this:

I can blame it on her first book:


See what happened was, I decided to take Tristan to Barnes & Noble at the Grove after he's been sick for the last several days. I decided that a cupcake and a chocolate milk would be a quick pick me up. Walking into Barnes & Noble, I turned to go to the magazines and sitting on one of the front tables was Susan Wooldridge's new book Foolsgold. Her first book, Poemcrazy is still one of my favorite writing books. So needless to say I bought the book, two Father's Day cards (ha! Silly me bought a card for MY Dad weeks ago but forgot one for my Father in Law and also bought one for the husband though I usually make him a card...), two cupcakes, an iced tea (black unsweetened ;) ) and a chocolate milk. Money be damned!

Now, the sweet story of the day is that before Barnes & Noble, Tristan and I went to the post office at the Farmers Market. We left the PO and started walking hand in hand towards B & N. There was a woman walking behind us the whole way until we got in front of B & N. I heard someone whisper something to me and turned around in time to hear her say "It's nice you can still hold his hand. Mine won't let me any more." I smiled and said that he's almost 10 and I'm hoping that it will last a little while longer (remember the quote: Moms hold their children's hands for a little while but their hearts forever)." We smiled and parted ways. Tristan let go of my hand and ran into the store.

I didn't start reading Foolsgold 'til I finished The House on Mango Street last night. It was very hard to put down once you started reading it. I LOVED it. I'm going to search out more of Cisneros' books.

*****

Two HUGE thumbs up to Steal This Film. You can find it here and online at youtube, etc... Well said!

Comments

~jolene said…
I recommend you read "Caramelo" by Sandra Cisneros! I LOVE that one.

Also "Woman Hollering Creek" which I think I have a spare copy of...I will try to find it and send it to you.

Sandra has a cool website at:
www.sandracisneros.com

peace.
martha brown said…
I hope that he holds your hand forever!
I ordered Foolsgold last week but it's not here yet-- but I've heard terrific things about it. Let us know what you think!!!

Popular Posts