Before you guys think I have been on a book buying spree, this is an OLD book. LOL I've pulled it off my shelf as I've been thinking about it the last few days. Taylor, Shosh and anyone else who doesn't want to buy a book today, RUN run far away FAST, like right now.












Anh Duong: Self Portraits is one of my favorite books. Though, it probably won't appeal to everyone. One of my favorite comments (I thought it was hysterically true) from one of my friends was "Wow, she likes to paint her crotch, huh?" (watch the price on amazon 'cause there are several used for much much more inexpensive then the $45 cover price). If you love Lynne Perrella's women sketches, drawings and rubber stamps, you'll probably want this book.

Her portraits remind me of Juliana Coles' luscious, depthful, jaw dropping, face smacking art work. Yet, obviously, it's very different. One of these days maybe this tome will encourage me to pick up my paint brush and do some self portraits.

Comments

Popular Posts