Revisiting some old friends:
a small selection of Kelly's journal pages of the past several years-






Posting a few of my older pages as I concentrate on new work...It's still fun to go back and look at stuff you made a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, etc... and see how your work has progressed *yet* it still has that style that says "YOU made this". Ya know what I mean?

Funny story-I took a drawing class at Mass College of Art in Boston in 1995. Loved the atmosphere. Hated the class (long story). We would have a model every week. Kelly would draw everything but the model (this is what 8 years of Catholic school can do to a girl...LOL). I actually didn't want to draw the model. (and yes, I did leave ultra early one day-feigning sickness when a Grandfatherly gentleman showed up to be the model. I thought I was going to be ill. That was a GRANDPA up there. LOL I was silly...) Any ways-I wanted to draw the linens draped over the stand. I wanted to draw the Georgia O'Keefe cow skull placed on the ground. As usual, I wanted to do anything other then what I was supposed to do-major problem with me in school. Yet, I still have those drawings in my parents' basement in Braintree, MA. My Dad gave me one of his bullet proof jacket bags to use as a "portfolio" case (hey, I was hip and styling and it didn't cost me a penny). The drawings are still in there. At the end of the class we had to present our own work in a "show". Um, I drew my Nightmare Before Christmas toys in charcoal. I still have those drawings. I remember how much work I put into them because I wanted to draw the damn things right.

Any ways, it's ok to revisit with old ghosts, or old friends. Remember what I said yesterday-ya gotta start somewhere.

Comments

BellaKarma said…
Wow Kelly, I love 'em all! The color composition in all of 'em are amazing!

Popular Posts