LOST! :(
One JiJi Cat Keychain from Kiki's Delivery Service:

ACK. I've had my JiJi cat for 8? 9? 10? years now...and I lost him today! I'm SO sad. I feel like I did when I was 5 and lost a favorite toy. (HOW OLD AM I?!?!?!) See, JiJi (actually G.G.) was what we called my Grandfather when Tristan was born (Tristan's Great Grandfather, hence G.G. was all Tristan could say). So this cat makes me think of him! It's from one of my favorite animated films, Kiki's Delivery Service (NOT the U.S. dubbed version!!!! The Japanese subtitled one!! LOVE It). He disappeared somewhere between Paper Post in Agoura or Ralphs on Sunset in Los Angeles. Those are the only two places I've been all day!!!

A little known "weird" fact about me... (Yeah, no "We already know you're a nut" comments) I'm a stuffed animal nut (ya know, toys, dolls, that kind of thing). I have all of the stuffed animals from when I was little (well, some of them still live at my parents' house because my sister seems to think that for some she has "joint custody". Erin, Santa Claws is MINE.) Any ways, when I was little and if I saw a stuffed animal "alone" in a store and not with the other animals, I would go out of my way to "put him with his friends". Um, I still have been known to do that. I'm 32 going on 8 at times, I think. Some kids were hanging out and listening to music when they were 10 in 1984. I was still playing with my stuffed animals and dolls...SO if you see me at Giant Robot in L.A. gushing over the Kiki Toys (JiJi and Cat Bus-from My Neighbor Totoro are my favorites...) just remember that good ol' commercial song from the 80's..."I don't wanna grow up...I'm a Toys R Us Kid..."

*****

Whomever sent me the Pink Envelope in the mail today "A friendly reminder from the nicest person you know" THANK YOU!!! I Think it's my friend Tasha and her wonderful pup, Jazmin... Whomever it is *thank you*

Comments

Popular Posts