More pages from last night:

The above quote is from Malcolm X: "If violence is wrong in America, violence is wrong abroad."

I'm down to 3 or 4 pages left, I think now...I need to make another journal (eeps!)

We went out last night and spent several hours at Iliad Bookshop in North Hollywood. It's funny my family always thinks of that as "boring" but to David and I, we could spend hours (probably days, even) wandering the aisles of favorite bookshops. I found a couple of books to cut up for collage for a $1..even a bio on Robert Rauschenberg for $2. Also found a Jean Shepherd book, Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories. I'm looking forward to reading that one as I am a huge fan of his radio show (and obviously the infamous Christmas Story film). I'm also looking for (inexpensive) copies of his other books like: In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash; I, Libertine (you need to read the story of this one!); and The Ferrari in the Bedroom. So if you see me in the bookstores over the next couple of weeks eyes wide open, I'm looking for those books!

Have been reading Joe Jones by Anne Lamott the last couple of nights. I'm eagerly awaiting her latest book which is due out on the 2oth.

Looks like I am off this weekend, which is a mixed blessing. I have a lot to do before my classes at Stampers Warehouse in Danville and The Stamp Act in Marshfield, MA...not to mention my local classes. :) I'm busy prepping stuff for my collage classes I've been doing-that means going through my collection of collage STUFF and sorting out ephemera for my students. I'm off to dive into paper. More later.

Comments

Popular Posts