More Collaged Journal work:



I'm still playing around with colors, line and the overall look/feel of things. I think you guys know I'm a firm believer in the art of "Play". The more you "play" with your artwork in a "safe" place (like your journal), the better artist you'll become. Drag out a glue stick, a couple of pieces of paper and PLAY. Rip, tear, glue, paste. Worry free. You're not making it for anyone but you.

****Finished Need More Love last night. Overall review: A+. I found it funny, easy to identify with, well drawn (and well written!). Aline Kominsky Crumb is a true artist in her own right. She's not riding on her husband's fame. She stands alone. Great great book.

****

On a side note, it's noon and the damn UPS truck hasn't bothered stopping yet with my 1000 Journals book. Bastards!

Update: 6 p.m. it was thrown against the door. At least it's finally here, though it's beat up. I can't believe that this is 'direct' from the publisher. The corners are dented and it's warped. LOL That's what I get for not waiting and buying it in the store!!!

****

Food for thought for today.

Comments

Popular Posts