These are just a couple of the postcards I've made lately.

The bird ones front and back are finished and ready to fly away on me, already to a new home (they're on their way...)

I will be posting more soon...they are "works in progress".

I had a great weekend teaching-lots of laughs and fun and amazing art done this weekend. I had a few "new students" so that is always a lot of fun to have someone new to bookbinding or mixed media painting or to a class with me :)

Been busy working on my zine-trying to get things done...

My favorite quote of this past weekend is from Harry Belafonte talking with Amy Goodman (of Democracy Now) about the current state of the world this past weekend in NYC. The whole speech is available at www.democracynow.org/

"Everybody has a part in this. Everybody has something to look at, and I think it is a collective experience, and that's why I think rather than sitting here drifting, we’ve got to talk about this, not just where we failed and where you failed, and we’ve got to come out of this discourse and this discussion, not just talking about it but saying, “Here's where we go,” and take courage in the fact that we can turn this around, because the truth of the matter is we are the only ones that can turn this around. Nothing and no one else can do it. Nothing."-Harry Belafonte

It's something that I've been saying-we need to talk. We need to be able to listen to each other without being irrational. This society, as a whole, needs to talk and figure out in which direction we are going.

Comments

Popular Posts