FYI, this is the outside cover of my "A Woman's Notebook" sample...I'm debuting the class in March at A Little Bizaar in Lake Elsinore. YES, you will be making this book (and decorating it to your own, unique style & taste). Then, YES, we will be doing all NEW mixed media exercises (collage, mixed media & some simple, easy writing) all "women" themed. I'm really looking forward to it.
I am stressing that in each one of my mixed media classes, I try to offer new, different techniques using acrylic paints and a variety of mediums. We may use the same 'thing" but I try to present it in a whole 'new' light...
I'm off to the laundromat :P The laundry tended to pile up while Mom was here since I didnt' have time to do it and now it's a monster that has taken over my hall...eek...
So I get to go to the local laundromat with the transvestites, etc... that I have seen walking around the area. Fun! You'll see me in the car with my books and notebook LOL
MY favorite story-across the street from the laundry is a "gay bar" with tinted windows and such, so that we have no idea what goes on in there. My parents were doing laundry early one Sunday morning and they were watching the activities across the street. Well, some smart person had decorated the bar to look like a "Church"-complete with tinted, stained glass windows, signs, etc... I don't know ahem, where they were worshipping, but my parents got a kick out of it...Happy, drunk men walking out of "Church" at 8 a.m. on a Sunday...yes, indeedy!
I love L.A. especially West Hollywood LOL!!

Comments

Popular Posts