1 November 2015 Journal Page


I was up late last night making art and reading Georgia. I was trying to stay awake for a short documentary on the making of Vincente Minelli's Lust for Life (about Van Gogh.) Alas, I didn't make it but I figured out how to work my sister's Tivo and recorded it. I love behind the scenes bits, photos and stories about film. I'm starting my day with it. It's an interesting documentary watching them remake the world according to how Vincent saw it.

Art is about remaking our world, bringing to life what we see and transforming it with color, line and shape. Taking bits and bobs of what delights us and molding it into something else. I'm always grateful to be able to sit down with my scissors, glue and markers and see what unfolds onto my pages.

Headed to New York tomorrow. I'll be dropping Tristan off at his Grandfather's for the weekend. Then my mom, sister, the kids and I will head into New York City. I'm looking forward to teaching at The Ink Pad. David has given me a short list for The Strand. I'm hoping to find something to surprise him. Looking forward to the weekend.


Comments

Popular Posts