Bringing Home the Goods: WonderCon 2015


Home from WonderCon 2015. We spent most of the day walking the exhibit hall floor. Oddly, my feet aren't throbbing like they usually are after a day at San Diego Comic Con.

Stuart Ng Books is always our first stop. David found what he was after as did I. I bought Nicoletta Ceccoli's Daydreams and a book of Harry Clarke: An Imaginative Genius in Illustrations and Stained-glass Art. While wandering the aisles, I also picked up a Margaret Keane print and some Miyazaki toys (from Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbor Totoro.)

We also attended two panels, Scott Shaw's Oddball Comics which is always fun and a screening of Batman vs Robin (meh.) I really enjoyed speaking with Len Wein (creator of Wolverine) and seeing Darwyn Cooke (dreaming of being able to afford a sketch from him some day.)

I also met Marli Renfro aka Janet Leigh's body double for Psycho's shower scene. She confirmed Hitchcock did direct that scene and *not* Saul Bass. She also said Saul Bass was working on the set. He had a small table in a black tent on the set. He'd come out, see what was going on and go back to work.

As far as cosplay, lots of old favorites like Spidey, Batman, Harley Quinn as well as a ton of Doctors ( lots of Tennant) and even several Kiki's! I posted some photos like this one to my instagram:

 

Now we're just counting the days until San Diego. It'll be here before we know it. (Tristan just yelled, "95!" SEE?!)

Comments

Popular Posts