Surrealism Books


Some people buy shoes or eat at fancy restaurants (I prefer my tablecloths to be red and white checkerboard!) Me? I buy books.

One of my obsessions is surrealism. Here are the books that I currently have in my possession (from top to bottom):

Andre Breton's Anthology of Black Humour
Andre Breton's What is Surrealism?
Andre Breton's (sense a pattern here yet?) Manifestoes of Surrealism
Kubert's Surrealism and the Book
Andre Breton by Balakian
The Surrealist Look
The History of Surrealist Painting
The Surreal House
Women Artists and the Surreal Movement
Surrealism and the Dream
Francesca Woodman
Surrealism in Paris
In Wonderland

Missing from the photo: 
Photomontages of Hannah Hoch
My Frida Kahlo books (I need to update this list as well)
Surrealists on Art

Because I clearly don't have enough books about surrealism, these are on the Wishlist: 
The Haunted Self: Surrealism, Psychoanalysis, Subjectivity 
Surrealism in Exile and the Beginning of the New York School
Surrealism: Desire Unbound
Surrealism and Painting 
Forbidden Games: Surrealist and Modernist Photography: The David Raymond Collection in the Cleveland Museum of Art 
The Star Alphabet of E.L.T. Mesens: Dada & Surrealism in Brussels, Paris & London 
Hannah Hoch 
Leonora Carrington 
The Hearing Trumpet 
Leonora Carrington

With a very big shout out to all of the used bookstores (both in person and online) where I managed to find these gems.

Don't ask me where I store them. They've been piled next to my bed for eons. I need to rearrange my shelves again.

Anything that I'm missing?

Comments

Popular Posts