What You'll Find Here

I post daily (photos of my journal pages, things that inspire me and personal bits and pieces) to inspire and encourage others. I have always believed that if I can do it, so can you.

You'll find resources (my favorite supplies, books, slideshows of my art journal pages, favorite bloggers, etc...) listed along the right hand side of my blog.

I've been teaching both in person and online workshops for almost twenty years now. You can find out more about my classes by scrolling down along the right hand side of my blog. I strive to make classes accessible to everyone (both beginner to advanced).

I love teaching and truly believe that deep down inside everyone is an artist, capable of creating something. There is power and knowledge in the act of creating something with your own hands, made from your own heart and head.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at EGorey99@sbcglobal.net

Thanks for stopping by!


Friday, March 14, 2014

Frida on my Shelf

Some buy shoes; I buy books. Over the years I have built up a collection of my favorite books on Frida Kahlo. This week I decided to rearrange my shelves so that they are all grouped together and easily found when needed. 

My favorites now rest together on these brave shelves:

“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.”
― Frida Kahlo

Missing from the above photo are:
The World of Frida Kahlo: The Blue House (I just ordered it.)
Frida Kahlo ArtBox (it's somewhere...grumble...)
Frida by Jonah Winter and Ana Juan (I keep this with my childrens books) 

Frida Kahlo Links of Interest:
MOLAA in Long Beach Frida Kahlo, Her Photos opens this weekend
Inside Frida Kahlo's Studio by Lisa Sonora Beam
Frida Kahlo Books
Frida Kahlo's Passionate Hand-written Letters to Diego


Kitten said...

I love your post about Frida. I still find it strange that in all the Art History classes I took back in the early 1970s, we NEVER learned of Frida. I had to discover her on my own, many years later. Thank heavens I did.

Lil said...

You have the Diary of Frida Kahlo!!! I've never seen that book anywhere but on my shelves!