10 August 2014 Journal Page

 
“The object we call a book is not the real book, but its potential, like a musical score or seed. It exists fully only in the act of being read; and its real home is in the head of the reader, where the symphony resounds, the seed germinates. A book is a heart that beats in the chest of another.”
Rebecca Solnit,
The Faraway Nearby

I love this quote so much. It can be applied to so many things. I'm always saying that as humans we have so much potential if only we could open our eyes, minds and hearts. Maybe that's why I love journaling so much. It's not the finished page that I'm after. It's the idea, the possibility, the imagining, the making and the unfolding. I want the thought process and the thousand, "What if's?" that come with creating.

Comments

Popular Posts