Classes at The Ink Pad in New York City June 21st and 22nd!

 
I will be teaching three classes in two days!
 
My workshops are always process-based learning while creating a unique product. I am well known for not traveling light and bring a large variety of supplies including (but not limited to) collage material, rubber stamps, stencils, pens, markers, tape and more. You will explore unique techniques involving composition, design, color theory, self expression and much, much, more in each of my classes. You'll also have a whole lot of fun doing so!
 
Saturday June 21st 
 
10-2:
 
 Cultivating You: A Journal Process
Get ready to dive into this class by creating a truly unique book form using a variety of handmade and decorative papers selected by you (and provided by me.) A variety of new techniques will be demonstrated, discussed and built upon during the workshop. Walk out with several pages started and full of new ideas that will keep you working on this journal days later!  
Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper or a few long sheets, roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black inkpad,  1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks, an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)
 
3-7 p.m.:
 
Bringing together some of my most favorite materials (and I bet yours, too!) such as tape, paper, pens, stamps and stencils, you will learn a plethora of new layering techniques. This book isn’t solely an art journal. It’s an experience! Very popular when I taught it several years ago, the tape journal has been revised into a smaller but much fuller version of its previous self.
I will be bringing my large collection of tapes (paper, deco, washi and more) for you to use. I’ll also have a wide selection of stamps, ink pads, stencils and collage materials. You’re always welcome to bring your own supplies to use but this is a small heads up that I tend to bring everything but the kitchen sink in my classes!
Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black inkpad,  1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks, an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)

 
Sunday, June 22nd:

10:30-2:30:

 
I've revised and revisited different formats of my extremely popular Triptych Book class since I first taught it at Artfest in 2001. This has to be my most favorite version of the book.

You will create a book where the pages swing out door-like. Explore using a variety of different mediums and materials as you work your way through the pages. Learn a variety of new and unique methods in self expression as you work in your book.

This book has pushed me to think and step outside of my box. I will be pushing you in the same way in class (and you will love it!) Be
prepared to step out of your comfort zone and have a heck of a good time doing so.

Supply list: Scissors, small selection of favorite collage ephemera, bone folder, cork back metal ruler, roll of waxed paper or a few long sheets, roll of paper towels OR an old rag, permanent black inkpad,  1" brush to glue (I like chip or bristle brushes), a few of your favorite glue sticks, an old catalog or magazine to glue on (if you don't want to use all of your waxed paper for this.)



 
I hope to see you there!
 

Comments

eli said…
always in love with your pages, Kelly!

Popular Posts