Paper Storage


I've been cleaning and rearranging. I tried rolling up my handmade papers and sticking them in a basket. It was too messy looking so I went back to my favorite way of storing parent sheets of handmade and decorative paper. I folded each sheet into quarters and arranged the papers so that the folded areas were visible (allowing me easier access to see what was what.) I make books and collage so folding paper this way doesn't hurt it.

What a trip down memory lane! Visits to Flax (San Francisco), Paper Post (Thousand Oaks), Paper Studio (Tempe) and many, many others (some long gone stores, sadly) all flashed before my eyes with each piece that I lovingly folded down. I tore small pieces from several of the sheets to put in my "now bag" for use.
I've tried multiple storage methods over the years: coat hangers, flat under the bed or behind a door, rolled, etc... and I always go back to folded papers.

I love the basket that they're in. It comes complete with a tie! It also holds a lot! Yum!

Comments

Seth said…
Great storage method and especially fun just to look at the papers for instant inspiration.

Popular Posts