14 October 2013 Journal Page


Spending time today working on my new class descriptions for early 2014. I'll have my Fremont, CA and Scottsdale, AZ class information on the blog this week. When I write up descriptions for my classes, I try very hard to make sure that they are a true reflection of what I think and feel about the class. I don't like airy fairy descriptions (sorry but it's true.) What you see is what you get in my classes. I teach process through hands on making something (product.) In my classes, I show you my way while encouraging you to take the ideas that I offer and find the way that works best for you. We start by creating something and I try to inspire you so that when you walk out of the classroom, you are FULL of new ideas and possibility.

  Sister Corita

I am working on an upcoming blog post that talks about my major influences in both my life and my teaching. Corita Kent is one of the strongest influences that I've had in my 39 years on this planet. If you don't have the book that Jan Steward and Corita Kent wrote called, "Learning by Heart: Teachings to Free the Creative Spirit", go out of your way to find it (there are different editions available including a revised recent edition and any of them are worth reading.) It truly is (in my opinion) the ultimate book on the creative process. It will open your eyes to so much possibility. 

A previous post of mine regarding Corita can be found here.


Comments

Melody said…
Wow! Mind Blown. Thank you for posting this video!

Popular Posts