More Journal Evolution


The medium size journal is from 2003. The large one is from 2005. The small one is 2009. A history of paint, collage, journaling, and just simple self expression. I used more paint back then and I liked to stick three dimensional stuff on the pages in the early 2000's. 

I wrote in my journal the other day that I'm right where I need to be. I have never felt more fulfilled with my art making than I have since I took up collage (my passion has grown even deeper over the years.) I have often said that while I am an experienced teacher, at the same time I am still a student. There is always something new to learn. I'm still finding my place with collage (as well as myself) and I am eager to see how far I can push it. 

*****
 
I'm teaching my "Telling Your Truth" workshop this Sunday at the Art Bar in Santa Ana. Next Saturday I'll be back in L.A. at Word is Art teaching Luscious Layers. More workshop info can be found here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Because of your recent posts, I have now gone back through my history of journaling - about 5 years. I too have evolved. I did my first art journal with you and was so compelled by the journey I filled in every page!! Now, I find that my pages are more open and my thoughts are more on the surface than ever. Now that I am actually writing in my journal, my work has really changed. I am so grateful for the opportunities that my art has provided. I love the fact that even after 5 years, there is always something new to learn. Your blog and classes are my window into what is new and how to change and how to allow myself evolve.

Rachel from Colorado

Popular Posts