Encouragement

We're in New York. I'll be hitting The Ink Pad today and I can't wait!

Someone commented on my new class that I "make it look so easy." I always tell my students that I've been doing this for a long time. It's not only my job but it's also my passion. With all art and self expression, the more you play, practice and experiment, the more you learn and evolve. Your pages will grow and change as you do. You won't love every page and that's okay. It's all a part of the process.

Don't waste time beating yourself up over pages you don't love. Push yourself until you can't go any farther, then turn the page. You have a whole book to fill!

Comments

San said…
Thank you so much for your message. I don´t know how many times I ended up stucked on a page cause I don´t like it - or because it didn´t turn the way I wanted it to be.
It seems I am always expecting something "more beuatiful" than I feel able to do. Art journaling is an exercise of letting my critical inner voice shut up!
Best regards - and please forgive my poor english
Alessandra
Love this message, Kelly. Have a fun weekend! ~ kath
PS. i'm off for the summer!!!! Woo hoo!
Anonymous said…
So much truth in your advice. My journal is a place for me to learn, grow and change as an artist and a person. My message to myself on the inside cover is "create from your soul" with added words that it is okay to make mistakes because that's how learning often happens. In the last three or four weeks I've created about 20-25 two page spreads and I've already grown so much! I enjoy following your blog as part of my learning process. Thanks for sharing with all of us

Popular Posts