Last Bits of my Dad's Journal

Unsent Christmas Cards from Last Year from Dad and Mom

"Search and Destroy" Dad took me to see this and he HATED it. I don't remember a damn thing about it other than Christopher Walken being in it and I wanted to see it. I just remember our discussion after the movie with Dad saying that it was one of the worst movies he'd ever seen. I was just grateful that he took me to see it! We often went to the movies together, sharing popcorn and laughs.

A business card with Dad's writing on it; a cassette cover of a mixed tape he made and an article about him


A postcard from the 80's when we were living in Weymouth
A glimpse back
Thanks for sharing in the journey with me. I hope to have a slide show up of all of the pages sometime soon. I'll be posting my new journal soon!


Comments

Jenni said…
What a wonderful journal, Kelly, so emotional and probably therapuetic to make and look back through...Thanks for sharing this journal with us.
Jenni
Murphy's Mom said…
Hi Kelly, can you tell us more about the post card and his comments about the ears? I am really enjoying yr posts.
Thanks
Sandy said…
Such a beautiful journal and journey. I hope that it has helped you even a little bit to heal. I know Tristan will be so happy to have this journal one day. Thinking of you.
Unknown said…
I remember coming across my Dad's handwriting once, it took my breath away. It's nice to have these bits of love.
Indigene said…
Thank you for sharing your personal journey of loss. I hope that the sadness get as small as the memories are big.
Seth said…
This one is so meaningful...in addition to being a visual treat.
Kelly Kilmer said…
@Murphy's Mom-Dad sent the postcard from when he was in AZ for work. I'm assuming he meant himself when he said big ears.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
LOVE the Post...Nice Work, Kelly!

Popular Posts